Last updated: 1 March 2022
Strawberry Sweeps is an online platform which offers Participants the chance to play games for entertainment and enjoyment. Strawberry Sweeps also gives away sweepstakes entries referred to as “Strawberries” as set out in these Play Rules. Strawberries can be used to play sweepstakes games for a chance to win further Strawberries which are redeemable for real prizes.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE A PARTICIPANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
By creating a customer account you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Fresa and its agents and related companies from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys/legal fees) arising out of or relating to a Participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or Participant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prizes.
The Sponsor/Promoter of the Sweepstakes is Eric Julian Brown Santiro, trading as Sorteos De La Fresa (“Fresa”, "us", "we", or "our").
1. To Participate, you must have an active Customer Account. To enter the Sweepstakes, a Participant must access Strawberry Sweeps and sign in to their Customer Account.
2. Once they have accessed Strawberry Sweeps, there are four potential ways for an eligible Participant to collect Strawberries:
3. In order to receive Strawberries by post Participants must:
4. There is a limit of one Request Card per outer envelope. For each Request Card a Participant submits in accordance with the above requirements, the Participant will receive 5 Strawberries. The Strawberries will be added to the Participant’s Customer Account. NOTE: A Participant must ensure that their handwriting is legible. If the Participant’s handwriting is not legible, the entry will be void and the Strawberries will not be credited to the Participant’s Customer Account. The legibility of a Participant’s handwriting shall be determined by Sponsor/Promoter in its sole discretion. THE REQUEST MUST ONLY BE MADE BY THE PARTICIPANT AND MUST BE POSTED FROM THE SAME STATE OR PROVINCE AS THE PARTICIPANT’S VERIFIED RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS. Requests made by any other individual or any entity (including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services) or posted from a State or Province different to the Participant’s verified residential address will be declared invalid and Strawberries will not be credited to the Participant’s Customer Account. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to the use of any device to automate the Strawberries request/entry process, is prohibited and any requests/entries deemed by Sponsor/Promoter, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted a request or whether a request satisfies the requirements set out above cannot be resolved to Sponsor/Promoter’s satisfaction, the affected request/entry will be deemed ineligible.
The amount of Strawberries a Participant has will be displayed in their Customer Account on the website. The amount of Strawberries a Participant has or is entitled to can be changed at any time by Fresa in its sole discretion.
Sponsor/Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected Strawberries requests or allocations.
5. Use of any automated or other system(s) to Participate, to acquire Strawberries or play the games is prohibited and will result in disqualification and loss of eligibility to Participate in the games.
1. In the event of a dispute as to any registration of a Customer Account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register the Customer Account will be deemed to be the Participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
2. Sponsor/Promoter may at any time decline to open an account and/or to close an existing account without any explanation whatsoever.
3. Sponsor/Promoter may at any time decide to suspend and/or cancel the participation of an Account Holder and/or any users acting from that user’s IP address in promotional activities, competitions or other services, including all services, whenever Sponsor/Promoter has honest concerns that an account is used for any of the following;
4. Strawberries are only valid for sixty (60) days from the date a Participant last logged on to their Customer Account and will then automatically expire.
5. Strawberries may also be forfeited if a Participant’s Customer Account is deactivated for any reason, or at the Sponsor/Promoter’s discretion.
6. Payments are made via a payment gateway determined by Sponsor/Promoter. Payment systems are owned and operated by third parties and users of their service are therefore subject to their terms and conditions and privacy policies.
7. Strawberries that you receive as a free gift upon purchase of Gold Coins cannot be redeemed until they have been validated. Strawberries are validated when the corresponding payment for Gold Coins is received in full by us. A payment is received in full by us if and only if the transactions are not under dispute, pending or reversed. In addition any player account that is blocked, terminated or suspended cannot redeem any Strawberries, until such time this is no longer the case.
8. Sponsor/Promoter does not accept cash sent or delivered directly to Sponsor/Promoter. Account Holder must make payments in an approved manner via the Site or another manner approved by Sponsor/Promoter in order to receive Strawberries. Current accepted means of payment are: payment via Authorise.net payment processor.
9. An Account Holder may make a payment only with his/her personal Card or personal Authorise.net account. If Sponsor/Promoter suspects that a purchase has been made via a non-personal Authorise.net account, Sponsor/Promoter may in their sole discretion terminate or suspend that user’s account and/or void any or all of the Strawberries on the account or return payments to the Authorise.net account that made the payment.
1. Sponsor/Promoter may offer promotions and bonuses to eligible players at Sponsor/Promoter’s discretion. What makes a player eligible may change depending on the promotion offered, and will be communicated to the player in a manner chosen by Sponsor/Promoter. These promotions and bonuses may require some specific action from an eligible player including without limitation; creating an account, playing a certain game during a certain period of time, or by providing information to Sponsor/Promoter. If a player is eligible for a bonus offered by a promotion and has successfully completed any required actions, Sponsor/Promoter may award their account with Strawberries or other rewards.
2. Duration and additional terms of promotions. Promotions and bonuses may be made available to players indefinitely or only for a clearly defined period of time. Sponsor/Promoter has full and final authority to decide any additional terms and conditions relating to any promotions or bonuses, including without limitation the duration or term that a promotion or bonus is available to players. If a promotion is to be made for a limited time only, this will be communicated to players via advertisements and on Sponsor/Promoter’s internal register. In addition to these Play Rules, individual terms and conditions will apply to promotions and bonuses, and will be displayed on Sponsor/Promoter’s website.
3. Bonuses are awarded at Sponsor/Promoter's discretion. Sponsor/Promoter may disqualify any person from any Promotion in the event that the person:
4. Sponsor/Promoter reserves the right to interpret all questions and conditions in regard to any promotion, and its decisions shall be final. Sponsor/Promoter may suspend, discontinue, or modify Promotions at any time for any reason and with no notice provided to players. Sponsor/Promoter has full and total authority in deciding whether to fulfil bonuses and promotions to players.
5. Expiry of awards under any promotion. Any Strawberries awarded under any promotion will expire and be removed from a player’s account if they are not used within 60 days of being added to a player’s account.
1. A Participant’s Strawberries balance is shown in the Participant’s Customer Account.
2. Where a Participant has chosen to redeem prizes for cryptocurrency, the payment will be paid in Bitcoin, Ethereum, Tether, Bitcoin lightning or Litecoin to the financial account or online wallet from which you purchased Gold Coins, or if this is not possible, then to an alternative account or wallet you nominate. Sponsor/Promoter reserves the right to require the use of the same payment method for redemption of prizes as was used to purchase Gold Coins, or a specific payment method at Sponsor/Promoter’s discretion.
3. Sponsor/Promoter will only process a prize redemption if the redeemed value of the prize is US$50 or more.
4. TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR A STRAWBERRY PRIZE OR A STRAWBERRY PRIZE REDEMPTION:
5. Sponsor/Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit a Participant’s redemption of Strawberries to US$10,000 per day. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
6. Sponsor/Promoter is not responsible for any taxes or fees associated with a prize redemption. Participants are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or redemption. Winners must provide Sponsor/Promotor with a valid Social Security number or taxpayer identification number before prizes will be released. For any prizes valued over $600, an IRS Form 1099 will be issued. For prizes valued over $5,000, Sponsor/Promotor is required by law to withhold 25% of the prize value for federal income tax purposes.
7. Sponsor/Promoter is not responsible for any foreign exchange transaction fees, charges or related costs that may be incurred as a result of, or in relation to, a prize redemption, including but not limited to any losses or additional costs arising from foreign exchange fluctuations.
8. Strawberries are not transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at Fresa's sole discretion.
1. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each Participant agrees that:
2. Under no circumstances will any Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
3. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Play Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Sponsor/Promoter in connection with the Sweepstakes, are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the states where the Strawberry Sweeps Services are offered.
4. To ensure fairness and the integrity of the promotion to all Participants, Fresa will respond to questions to Customer Support via this form and may post updates/communications on its Facebook page.
5. Any Participant posting or seen to be posting comments on the Strawberry SweepsFacebook page or elsewhere during the promotion that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other Participants, players and fans of Strawberry Sweeps or directly aimed at the Sponsor/Promoter, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Fresa reserves the right to alert Facebook to any such behaviour.
6. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, or illegal provision were not contained herein.